Surrounded by the Stelvio Pass Nature Park
and the bordering Swiss National Park
as well as the most imposing mountains of the Eastern Alps, Val Monastero is highly valued as a hiking paradise. King Ortles
is only a stone's throw away. High-alpine tours in the surrounding mountains of 2000 and 3000 metres of height, the Ötztal Alps, the Bernina and the Silvretta Group are also a great experience. We further recommend the numerous walks and irrigation channels
in the surroundings.
- Summit tours in South Tyrol and Switzerland: to Chavalatsch, Jöchl, Piz Lad - Piz Mezdi - Piz Praveder, Cima di Tella, Cima dei Greppi, Cima Undici, Piz Sasvenna, Süsom Givé, Cima Rossa, Lai da Rims, Alp Sot, Margunet and others
- Eight-Churches Hike in Tubre in Val Monastero: visit eight churches from different epochs
- High-alpine Val Müstair trail
- Paths of Hours: from Marienberg Convent to St. Johann Convent in Müstair
- Watles Adventure Mountain with gaming lake, washing gold, diamond grotto, foot trail, adventure slide, mountain cart, fun-balls, 3D bow course and great hiking trails
- Along the shores of the Rome river: The Rome is one of the most beautiful main streams in Switzerland. The trail starts at the source in Süsom-Tschiervs, leads to low moors and water meadows, and idyllic resting spots and playgrounds.
- Bears' Trail from Fuldera to Valchava
- Elements hike in Valchava with explanations of the 4 elements water, air, earth and fire, and legends and histories
- Sun Trail from Burgusio to Spondigna with interesting information about S. Benedict, the irrigation channels, nature and legends of the Upper Val Venosta.
- Nature Adventure Trail Prato with 18 interactive stations providing an insight into the living spaces forest, animals and wood.
- Covelano Marble Trail
- ForestAnimals Trail Gumperle in Agumes/Prato: at 13 stations parents and children will meet the forest mouse, listen to twittering birds, challenge a badger tunnel, climb up the woodpecker hill and hold a deer's antlers.
- Irrigation channels in Val Venosta
- High-alpine Val Venosta Trail from Resia to Stava